First Add

Thursday 27 July 2017

Could Playing Video Games Improve Office Productivity

Could Playing Video Games Improve Office Productivity Once upon a time, I wasn’t allowed to go near my Nintendo until I had my homework done. Even my Gameboy was hidden away until every single Math question was answered. ‘You won’t pass your exams by around playing video games all night!’ — Most commonly used phrase in my house, circa 1999. Those were tough times, my friends, tough times. But, what if we had it all wrong? What if playing video games could actually increase your productivity? Recent studies have revealed that playing video games provides all kinds of cognitive benefits that we didn’t know about. Offices across the world are now using video games to decompress, boost brain power, and increase morale amongst employees. Just look at the top dogs over at LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook, etc. They’ve been encouraging employees to balance work and play since the dawn of tech. And gaming companies like Zynga even have arcade games lining their halls! But it’s not just about tech companies. All companies should be offering a fun and creative environment for employees to work from, and video gaming is a great way of doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asynchronous